468x60 Ads

It's Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U! Find out what's new for this version.
For the first time ever at the New York Wii U Preview event, Assassin's Creed III was playable on Wii U hardware. And let me tell you, it looked sweet. On the show floor of the event, I was able to check out the "Naval Battle" gameplay demo. Followers of the upcoming game might be familiar with the section of the game that requires you to man a battleship while attempting to either destroy or capture other ships.

One of the things I was worried about with Assassins Creed III in general, was how the GamePad's screen would be dealt with. Coming away from the demo, I can say with confidence that the additions they made for the touch screen were not phoned in, at least in the section I played. While controlling the ship, a nicely done map is conveniently displayed on the GamePad's screen. With a press of the R button, the game instantly pauses and enables you to select from four different ship weapons via the GamePad screen. While nothing on the GamePad screen looked particularly amazing, I could see fans of touch interfaces really digging it, not to mention the fact that you have access to a full blown map directly in your hands.

The demo looked amazing, and ran like a champ. The detail of the huge waves, cannon shots, and boat damage were quite impressive. From what I played, it does seem as if the graphics were on par if not slightly above the PS3 version that was demoed at an earlier Ubisoft event in New York.

Even though a more traditional gameplay demo was not available, from what I have seen so far, It looks as if Ubisoft Montreal is doing right by the Wii U version of Assassins Creed III. I can't wait to get my hands on the full version for the Wii U.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Random

Look